Pet & Wellness Fair
Civic Auditorium Kankakee Illinois
August 22, 2015
Speakers will be Dr. Daniel King, Dr. Elisa Katz, Nikki Smith, Mary Szcurek, Jodi Etienne, Jennifer Schneider, Dr. Ande Wegner and Dr. Dan Beatty. Opens at 11 am.
Attention all friends of Auntie Barbara after many years of trying we have finally done it! You all know I am into alternative therapies for our furry friends! Now we will be bringing options to you here! Check out the Barking Bugle to learn more about the arrival of Dr. Daniel King, DVM, CVA, OVCH Specializing & Board Certified in Animal Chiropractic, Veterinary Acupuncture, Applied Kinesiology, Traditional Veterinary Medicine and a Chinese Herbalist. If your pup has allergies, arthritis, nutritional issues or you just want to improve longevity and general wellness check him out!
Auntie Barbara’s is a 14 suite doggie hotel on 10 acres in Lowell, Indiana. We were founded in 1997! Our services include daycare, hotel stays and grooming. Our concept is that your pet should have a great vacation too. We have ten acres, fenced play areas and suites (not cages). Our suites are regular rooms with windows, doors, ceiling fans and furniture if permitted. We are heated, air-conditioned and run our facility just like a household. Dogs are out to play a minimum of 8 times per day, 7 days a week off leash just being dogs. If they are social we will try and find them a playmate. If your pet prefers people to other pets we understand.
We require an interview prior to your furry friends stay. It will take about 30 minutes and is done by appointment only. Please call in advance to schedule especially if you need a weekend appointment. Please bring vaccination records, the animal and any necessary medical records. This interview helps the animal, you and Auntie Barbara all feel reassured.
All vaccinations are required including Bordatella or Kennel Cough and must have been completed at least 2-3 weeks prior to your animals stay. What this means is if your animal has been vaccinated within 2-3 weeks prior to stay, I will not take them. Animals can have reactions to vaccinations, we would prefer it happens to you at home and not while they are boarding.
During spring, summer and fall we do recommend that your animal is on a flea & tick treatment program as well as heartworm. Special medications can be administered upon request. We will also accept titers for all vaccinations except Rabies. We accept 1 or 3 year Rabies vaccine.
The four main things we need are:
- treats (lots, we spoil them)
- a collar
- Make sure all foods and treats are something your animal is use to on a regular basis.
- Please do not prepackage food as travel plans can change.
- We also suggest after the recalls of food that you jot down lot numbers of bagged food if you do not include the bag.
- All medications must have the prescribed bottle with dosing directions on it. Please bring plenty of medication in case your animal is hard to medicate.
- You are welcome to bring anything else that makes them comfortable.
- The only things I restrict are items they can choke on. Please do not bring things that cannot be washed or that you care if they destroy.
- If you had your dog in for updated vaccinations please bring us a copy of the new information.
- Don't forget those emergency numbers as well and let your veterinarian know they are staying with Auntie Barbara's.
Everything at Auntie Barbara's is done by appointment! This is for everyone’s safety so we ask that you respect this policy.
Our hours are 7am - 6pm summer hours, 5pm winter hours, 7 days a week, closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Days!